Sunday 6 January 2013

Beginning

Day: -4
Location: Home

I had the idea to study overseas over a year ago. It was flippant at the time with little consideration to what would be involved and now here I am, four days from a large international adventure. I have the usual pre-travel surreality, excitement and nerves in manageable doses.

Preparations are going well. Tonight I cut up medicine boxes leaving pills and the vital information about which pill to take when, where, why and with whom in one of two first aid kits (while listening to First Aid Kit). It's certainly a 'process' of preparation that I am going through and for the most part, enjoying.

The itinerary at this stage looks like this:

Melbourne - Tokyo 10/01 with Eddie

Tokyo for four days, then to Hakuba for a week snowboarding/skiing (special thanks to Melbourne weather for helping with acclimatisation for this). Following that we will visit Nagoya, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka.

Osaka - Singapore 30/01

In Singapore to seeing friends and sights. I will be solo (sort of) once Eddie flies home on 03/02.

Singapore - Clark (Manila) 12/02 with Steph and Eden.

Around Philippines, probably in the direction of Legazpi and then Borocay where we will meet up with Tom and Courtney on 16/02. Cebu after that and then to KL on 24/02 to start the semester.

THIS is where I will be based while I'm studying (25/02 - 28/06) no doubt with various side trips, Future Music Festival Asia style and the Malaysian Grand Prix when the books prove, somehow, less interesting than the surrounds.


I will keep this page updated, at least with updates that I am still alive and well but hopefully much, much more.

Please stay in touch on here, Facebook, Skype - benjaminmcnally, a postal address yet to be received and for emergencies on a phone number that I'll update when it's active.

Goodnight and stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment